|All afternoon and evening activities are cancelled due to today's weather (Tuesday, Dec. 10).|
Connect 5/Blackboard Connect Communications System
The Perkiomen Valley School District uses the Connect 5/Blackboard Connect communication system to share important building-level and district-level communications with our families. The telephone feature of the system is typically used for emergency or time-sensitive announcements such as building closures or weather-related delays/closings. The email feature is used often to send important news and reminders from our schools.
All families are automatically entered into our Connect 5/Blackboard Connect system based on the information provided by families for the school district's student information system.
In an effort to allow parents to immediately identify what type of email message is being sent, all Connect 5/Blackboard Connect email messages are prefaced in the subject line by one of the following:
- ALERT: This is used for all emergency email messages (weather-related closings, building emergencies, etc.).
- INFO: This is used for all informational email messages (Home & School announcements, building messages, etc.).
- ATTENDANCE: This is used for all email messages from our school attendance offices.
If you are not currently receiving AlertNow email messages from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you would like your email address added to our system so you can receive AlertNow messages.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when receiving calls from the Connect 5/Blackboard Connect system:
- GENERAL CALLS: Caller ID will display the district’s main number (610-489-8506) if the message is coming from the district level. If the message is coming from one of our schools, the school's main number will be displayed.
- MESSAGES: Connect 5/Blackboard Connect will leave a message on answering machines or voicemail. However, the system is set to ring each line six to eight times. Therefore, we encourage you to set your machine to six rings or fewer.
- UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION: The successful delivery of information is dependent upon accurate contact information for each student, so please make certain that we have your most current phone numbers and email addresses. If this information changes during the year, please let the building secretary at your child’s school know immediately.
Our intent is to provide timely and informative messages to all parents. If you have any questions about the communications system or the district’s communication efforts, please contact Jessica Lester, Manager, School and Community Engagement, at email@example.com.