AlertNow Communications System
The Perkiomen Valley School District uses the AlertNow communication system to share important building-level and district-level communications with our families. The telephone feature of the system is typically used for emergency or time-sensitive announcements such as building closures or weather-related delays/closings. The email feature is used often to send important news and reminders from our schools.
All families are automatically entered into our AlertNow system based on the information provided by families for the school district's student information system.
In an effort to allow parents to immediately identify what type of email message is being sent, all AlertNow email messages are prefaced in the subject line by one of the following:
- ALERT: This is used for all emergency email messages (weather-related closings, building emergencies, etc.).
- INFO: This is used for all informational email messages (Home & School announcements, building messages, etc.).
- ATTENDANCE: This is used for all email messages from our school attendance offices.
If you are not currently receiving AlertNow email messages from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you would like your email address added to our system so you can receive AlertNow messages.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when receiving calls from the AlertNow system:
- GENERAL CALLS: Caller ID will display the district’s main number (610-489-8506) when a general announcement is delivered.
- EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS: Caller ID will display (411) 000-0000 only if the message is a true emergency. This makes a distinction between informational calls and urgent or emergency notifications. These types of calls will be made to all phone numbers (and email addresses, if applicable), including those listed as the students’ emergency contacts. The school district has no control over the 411 that is displayed in the caller ID -- this is a system-generated number from AlertNow.
- MESSAGES: AlertNow will leave a message on any answering machine or voicemail. However, the system is set to ring each line six times. If your answering machine is set to pick up on seven or more rings, the message may not be delivered to your machine. Therefore, we encourage you to set your machine to six rings or fewer.
- PROBLEMS: If the AlertNow message stops playing or if you are having trouble hearing the message, press any key 1-9 and the message will replay from the beginning.
- UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION: The successful delivery of information is dependent upon accurate contact information for each student, so please make certain that we have your most current phone numbers and email addresses. If this information changes during the year, please let the building secretary at your child’s school know immediately.
Our intent is to provide timely and informative messages to all parents. If you have any questions about the AlertNow communications system or the district’s communication efforts, please contact Jessica Lester, Manager, School and Community Engagement, at email@example.com.