Varsity/JV Softball at Daniel Boone is postponed.
Make-up date to be determined.
Middle School Spring Sports will begin on Monday - March 17th
NCAA Division I Initial-Eligibility Standards
The initial-eligibility standards for NCAA Division I college-bound student-athletes are changing. College-bound student-athletes first entering a Division I college or university on or after August 1, 2016, will need to meet new academic rules in order to receive athletics aid (scholarship), practice or compete during their first year.
Full Qualifier: A college-bound student-athlete may receive athletics aid (scholarship), practice and compete in the first year of enrollment at the Division I college or university. Full Qualifier must:
1. Complete 16 core courses (same distribution as in the past)
· Ten of the 16 core courses must be completed before the seventh semester (senior year) of high school.
· Seven of the 10 core courses must be English, math or science.
2. Have a minimum core-course GPA of 2.300;
· Grades earned in the 10 required courses required before the senior year are “locked in” for purposes of GPA calculation.
· A repeat of one of the “locked in” courses will not be used to improve the GPA if taken after the seventh semester begins.
3. Meet the competition sliding scale requirement of GPA and ACT/SAT score (this is a new scale with increased GPA/test score requirements); and
4. Graduate from high school.
For more New NCAA Division I Initial-Eligibility Standards, go to: www.ncaa.org/…eligible/Initial-Eligibility